Steps to Creating Your Web Site
- Identify goals of web site.
- Identify and research target audience; analyze competition and keywords.
- Organize the content categories and identify functional requirements, such as feedback forms, mailing lists, audio files, etc.
- Identify organizational and visual metaphors if appropriate (for example, an Art Gallery metaphor for an artist’s site.
Create structure, content and design
- We design the site architecture (flowchart), including the navigation system.
- We write or edit content, with an eye to making it keyword-dense. We also write the meta-tags (keywords, titles and page descriptions).
- We arrange any special programming.
- We design the look of the site with your ideas, and our suggestions.
- Design your logo with your ideas, colors and our suggestions, or use a logo that you have all ready to go.
Build and test the pages
- After we agree on the layout, menu system, logo design, color scheme, and page names, we build the pages.
- We test the pages in various browsers and platforms and have them critiqued by other web design professionals..
- You review pages and request changes or corrections (one cycle of revision is included in the bid; further revisions will be charged at an hourly rate.)
- You approve the final pages.
Launch, promote and maintain the site
- The domain name and hosting site are selected.
- We launch your site.
- Your web site is submitted to search engines and directories. We can do this for you, or we can provide you with the information you need to do it yourself.
- Promote, update, promote, update, promote, update . . . This is an ongoing process that you will need to work into your regular business schedule. We can work with you to promote and update your site, or give you guidance on how to do it yourself.
- Track your web site’s effectiveness and statistics. If we host the site for you, weíll provide you with monthly tracking statistics.